UnitingCare Harrison has a range of services to assist those with a disability to become more independent and participate in community activities. Our services are designed to support people's potential for personal growth, skill development and decision making.
We can help if you would like support with learning skills to:
- Live in share house accommodation;
- Shop and cook for yourself;
- Budget and pay your bills;
- Make your own appointments;
- Clean your home;
- Use public transport.
Clients will have the opportunity to develop program goals within a person centered approach where support focuses on the aspirations and wishes of the individual.
- 18 years and over
- willingness to live independently
- intellectual disability
Eastern Metropolitan Region
Time / Days of Operation
Staff support as per individual support plan agreements.
- ISP clients - as per ISP agreement
- self funded by client per hour of support
Referrals to the Program
- Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Other agencies
- Family members and carers
- Other UnitingCare Harrison programs
- Word of mouth
- Self referral
Activities / Services of the Program
To develop clients' independent living skills (budgeting, cooking, cleaning, shopping, menu planning).
To find out more, please contact Harrison on (03) 9871 8700.