UnitingCare Harrison is concerned about families who are living in unregistered and substandard rooming houses. Assistance is available to families through our Accommodation Options for Families (AOF) and the Additional Support for Families (ASF) services - better known as the Rooming House Outreach program. We also assist families with additional needs that require longer term support to successfully access, establish and maintain longer term housing options and to prevent them from re-entering the homelessness service system. These housing options include short-term serviced apartments, head leased / general private rental accommodation, public housing and social housing accommodation.
To support families in or at risk of living in rooming house accommodation to secure and maintain safe alternative housing.
- Open to families of all ages;
- Families who have resided or are residing in unregistered and substandard rooming houses, or at risk of residing in a rooming house, and require support to establish and maintain their housing.
Eastern Metropolitan Region
Time / Days of Operation
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Outreach and office based visits
Referrals to the Program
- Through Opening Doors;
- Internally through UnitingCare Harrison front door;
- Referrals from Community Housing Limited and Eastcare.
- A UnitingCare Harrison Team Leader will assess the eligibility for program.
Activities / Services of the Program
- Assessment of need
- Referral to specialist services
- Referral to support and crisis accommodation vacancies
- Assistance to access alternative housing options
To find out more, please contact Harrison on (03) 9871 8700.