UnitingCare Harrison assists people to take charge of their own lives.
UnitingCare Harrison's work is inspired by its Christian foundations and the Statement of Purpose of UnitingCare Victoria and Tasmania.
|UnitingCare Harrison believes people have the capacity for positive change.|
|UnitingCare Harrison is a responsible steward of all its resources striving for the best in everything it does.|
|UnitingCare Harrison listens and works together with people to find solutions, having particular concern and empathy for those who are vulnerable, poor and marginalised.|
|UnitingCare Harrison acts ethically at all times.|
|UnitingCare Harrison stands for justice and a fair go for all people regardless of their background, ability or circumstances.|
|UnitingCare Harrison fosters self-reliance.|
UnitingCare Harrison will be an influential leader in the provision of quality housing and community services.
UnitingCare Harrison will ensure that its infrastructure adequately supports its operational needs.
UnitingCare Harrison will ensure that its reputation as a leading provider of housing and community services is well known by stakeholders and the community.
UnitingCare Harrison will use its influential voice to promote the issues of people in need.
High Quality Client Services
UnitingCare Harrison will strive for excellence in the delivery of client services.
UnitingCare Harrison will pursue growth in affordable and social housing through property development, and provide specialist expertise to the wider church in the area of property regeneration.
UnitingCare Harrison will build on our relationships with the wider church, other service providers, government, corporate bodies, philanthropic organisations and private donors.
Strategic Plan 2013-2014
To meet the needs of the homeless by pursuing growth in affordable and social housing through property development/regeneration.
• By prioritising our property development portfolio using a financial viability framework.
• By developing an effective working relationship with Synod and the property board
• By being responsible stewards of our finances and displaying good governance practice.
• Pursue growth in affordable social housing stock
To ensure the viability and sustainability of the agency we will build our relationships with the wider church and other key stakeholders.
• By consulting with UnitingCare agencies as well as other agencies about the opportunity to share resources and to broaden our capacity to attract increased Government funding and deliver a greater range of welfare services for our client groups.
• By implementing a fundraising plan which incorporates building a larger donor base.
• By ensuring we uphold our service agreement
• By building links and raising our profile as a homelessness service provider with Government, Uniting Church and volunteers.
To maximise our knowledge and opportunities to deliver relevant homelessness and community services informed by our consumers and other key stakeholders.
• By developing a consumer participation strategy.
• By drawing on the expertise of our consumers to provide relevant and quality services.
• By finding ways to measure and record feedback to demonstrate improved service delivery.
• To ensure that our outcomes are reported to our funding bodies and key stakeholders to ensure they are kept informed of our good practice.