To provide specialist case management services for young people who are at risk of significant harm or abuse or statutory clients in need of additional case support, to prevent placement and assist with family reunification.
To assist people to achieve their optimal potential.
- young people 12 - 17 years of age who are at risk of significant harm or abuse
- young people with multiple presentations to Child Protection, Department of Human Services
- young people willing to work with UnitingCare Harrison
Eastern Metropolitan Region.
Time / Days of Operation
Monday to Thursday, 9am - 5pm
Some after hours involved
Referrals to the Program
- 90% of referrals come through the Department of Human Services
- 10% of referrals are community based
Activities / Services of the Program
Within a case management framework:
- linking young people into their community
- providing linkage and referral to specialist support services, e.g. Counselling Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- link young people into education / employment or specialist training programs
- provide opportunities for young people's emotional, social and cultural growth
- reconcile young people and their families