The Finding Solutions program aims to divert young people away from the Child Protection and statutory systems. The Finding Solutions program supports both the young person and their families through case management, one on one support, family meetings, mediation and referral to appropriate services to address family conflict and introducing change and development for the young person to remain within the family unit.
To assist young people and their families to make positive change
- young people 12 - 17 years of age who are at risk of significant harm or abuse
- young people with multiple presentations to Child Protection, Department of Human Services
- young people willing to work with UnitingCare Harrison
Eastern Metropolitan Region
Time / Days of Operation
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Some after hours involved
Referrals to the Program
All referrals come through the Department of Human Services Child Protection.
Activities / Services of the Program
Within a case management framework:
- Empower young people and their families to make informed choices and decisions regarding their future.
- Link young people back into their community.
- Provide links and referrals to specialist support services, e.g. Counselling Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Link young people into education / employment or specialist training programs.
- Equip families with the skills to develop their own strategies for use in times of conflict.